Jake's HL2RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:D

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWiki

Rolls and S2M/S2K

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared
Admin
Jared

Rolls and S2M/S2K Empty
PostSubject: Rolls and S2M/S2K   Rolls and S2M/S2K Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 am

I have not seen rolls being used, or maybe Im just not in the right place at the right time.

We will now use rolls to enhance roleplay, and though I know many of you may be groaning, it is the best way to avoid Powergaming.

In a short explanation, rolls are used to have a random outcome, ranging from 0-100.

You use rolls for important things, like, for instance, a large example would be resisting arrest.

<:: Citizen on the wall.
** citizen faces the wall.
** MPF-*****.**-****** attempts to tie the citizens hands.
[LOOC] MPF: Resist?
[LOOC] Citizen: Yes.
** the citizen attepts to make a run for it
** Citizen rolled: 20 out of 100
** MPF rolled: 56 out of 100.
**Citizen struggles against the ties, but cannot break free.
** MPF shoves the citizen against the wall, and ties his hands.

The MPF won the roll, so the citizen must stay on the wall and get tied. // zipties will be added to the MPF unit inventory soon.

If the citizen had rolled higer than the unit, then he would get a five second head start, and then, after those 5, the unit would run after him.

An example of a one-sided roll:

**MPF.Judge throws a supplement to the Unit.
**MPF. Razor attepts to catch it.
MPF.Razor has rolled: 74 out of 100
**MPF. Razor catches the supplement

As long as the result is above 50, he wins. Some one sided rolls are not needed, like this one, but make it more fun, then just catching it with 100% chance.

Some are needed, such as preforming an operation on a injured unit.

** MPF. HELIX attepts to bandage the wound.
MPF. HELIX has rolled: 85 out of 100.
** MPF. HELIX secures the bandage.

If you dont use rolls in important 2 sided situations, it is called Powergaming.

NOTE: rolls and /mes are not needed during firefights.

S2M, S2K
------------
S2M, or, shoot to miss, is used to enhance the exitement of a gunfight. At any range where the target is more than 5 meters away, you use S2M. In shoot to miss, you aim CLOSE to the target, not trying to hit him. If we all just shot to kill, it would get boring, and people would get mad.

In S2K, or shoot to kill, you may use at a range of 5 meters or less. For an example, imagine you are standing outside the ration building( change)

A S2M range would be if the target was on the other side of the road. A S2K range would be if you were on the sidewalk, and the target was in the middle of the street.

So, use rolls, and S2K and S2M.

Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin
Jake

Rolls and S2M/S2K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolls and S2M/S2K   Rolls and S2M/S2K Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:38 pm

I am constantly URGING people to use rolls but their mingebags and anyone seen not using a role during roleplay if your 01- meaning 05 04 03 02 01 OfC You will have your whitelist revoked or you will be removed from your rank thank you
Back to top Go down
Black skull-pie

Black skull-pie

Rolls and S2M/S2K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolls and S2M/S2K   Rolls and S2M/S2K Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:16 pm

<:: Citizen on the wall.
** citizen faces the wall.
** MPF-*****.**-****** attempts to tie the citizens hands.
[LOOC] MPF: Resist?
[LOOC] Citizen: Yes.
** the citizen attempts to make a run for it

I just have a quick comment about that. I think it would be better to give the citizen an allotted amount of time to respond instead of asking them OOCly. It would make the roleplay more real and not give the appearance that the MPF unit has no idea what he's doing. If you were to take up my idea of giving the citizen an allotted time for typing out his response, I think he should be given 10-20 seconds before he starts typing to respond, if he doesn't respond, then you continue to tie him up/knock him out or whatever you were planning on doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rolls and S2M/S2K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolls and S2M/S2K   Rolls and S2M/S2K Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolls and S2M/S2K
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jake's HL2RP :: Discussion :: HL2RP-
Jump to: